At 10.30am this morning, Jeremy Corbyn will give a speech to the Royal College of Nurses Conference in Liverpool on NHS funding – or, more precisely, on investing in #OurNHS.
Some key points:
- it’s only when we come together as a society to look after each other that no-one gets left without care.
- investing in the NHS is sound financial sense – there is a £4 return for every £1 invested in public healthcare. (source: World Health Organisation)
- just administering a ‘market’ in the NHS costs at least £4.5bn a year more than not running one (source: CHPI [small ‘c’] conservative estimate). Labour will scrap this *real* waste.
- we – the ‘ordinary’ people – can’t afford not to have an NHS – a fully public NHS.
- cutting healthcare spending does not “save money for the taxpayer” – it denies healthcare to the patient.
- cutting our public healthcare benefits only one…
View original post 384 more words