James is now destitute following a sanction: ‘It’s bully boy tactics’, he says.

Despicable!
Another poor soul fucked by IDS & McVey.
Remember this come May 2015

Ann McGauran

James Dearsley, 60, receives a three-month sanction while on the Work Programme James Dearsley, 60, receives a three-month sanction while on the Work Programme
A vulnerable 60-year-old has been left penniless and dependent on food bank support after his Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA) was sanctioned at the end of July while on the Work Programme. South-east Londoner James Dearsley received a letter from the Department for Work and Pensions (below) telling him that he had been sanctioned from July 29 and that his JSA would not be reinstated until October 29. James, who is already in arrears with his council tax, has spent more than three weeks without social security. This withdrawal of money means that he’s already been forced to use Greenwich food bank twice.

He says the local job centre told him he was being sanctioned because on three consecutive occasions he had failed to turn up for his Work Programme appointment with a Seetec job search support club. The letter…

View original post 411 more words

1 thought on “James is now destitute following a sanction: ‘It’s bully boy tactics’, he says.

Comments are closed.